On Anon

I've had this hip problem before, twice in fact. 2009 & 2010.  My blog on Fetch is actually pretty useful as it gives me a bit of perspective.

2009 I had a nagging hip prob for 2-3 weeks before it bit hard in a 10k.  Ended up with 6 weeks off with the odd run attempt and diagnosis of everything from tight hip flexors to torn tendon and everything in between (sf, hip bursa, sciatica).

2010 again, had a glute prob that went into meltdown 4 miles in to the Oakley 20.  After 1 session I missed 3 weeks completely before doing an 8 mile jog on the Friday and deciding to run London Marathon anyway (3.07 after being on for a sub 3 at 22 miles!)

Blogging shit does help me keep sane.  2009 I went through much of what I'm dealing with now - impatience and anger.  2010 wasn't as bad, I just ate and drank shit for 3 weeks and the marathon didn't make it any worse.

What I am resigned to is time.  It will take another 2-3 weeks before i'm running again BUT I WILL run again.  It will be shit. It will be a long way back but such is life! 

2009 took a while but between that and the same 2010 injury I put in my best performances.

2010 took about 4 weeks to get into really good shape so there's that !

One thing I need to do is address the issues though - poor glute / piriformis strength.  I'll not double run day - pretty much ever - but I will do a daily rehab routine.  Focus on leg / core strength and functional fitness.  I can't keep rocking up like a raspberry hoping to run quick. 

Mojo has been hit a bit but I am sure that will come back (it always does).  2 positives are this is the best time of year to be injured and noone is really pushing on to a level I couldn't hit.  Last time it took 2 months from a near standing start to hit 16.59 - if that 's my worst case I can handle that.

So - frustrating but it is what it is.  Try not to become a fat cunt and keep up some stretching where I can.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block