Hip Back and Form Watch - Day 10

OK, so obviously slightly stuff more on my mind this time !!

Hip - since the chiro put me back in place this does feel much better almost to the point where I'm not overly concerned with it. I know if I stretch, do the drills and don't get lazy then this should be OK. Looking back I have actually managed to fend off in the past so recognising what I need to to AND THEN DOING IT is most of the battle!

Back - I think from using heavier weights with the sprinted lunges I have pulled some muscles in the back. Simple, it's happened before with weights and it will ease down. Just fucking annoying right now - AGHHHHHH 

Heat helps massively so I am either hot showering (to the point of scalding) or standing up against a radiator - much like a cat !

Form - so frustrating. Yesterday I left my run VERY late for me. Jumped on the treadmill and set to 14 kmph. Now I know they're not 100% accurate but generally on Zwift this will show anywhere from 13.9 to 14.3 kmph. Starts showing 12.9. Ramp up the speed on the treadmill and it's 15.5 on the treadmill to run 14 on Zwift. Completely throws me - amazing how that can happen. Just got in my head, ruined my run in fairness and started doubting my form! Switched Zwift off and deleted but ended up as 40 mins instead of 45. The good news is that I was easy enough at 15.5 to actually believe it could have been too slow so that's positive (I'll take any I can get !!)

The mental side of running is so fraught with fragility. I know the treadmill isn't going to start running so much slower than normal. The Runn sensor battery was very low and needs a firmware update, BUT there is always thay bit of doubt that creeps in when something knocks your stride. 

So today I will run outdoors. 5 mile route but I will do first mile fairly relaxed and then push 3 middle miles at steady and then relax again last mile. I'll run to power as I want to have some faith for Saturday so it'll be something like 285w -> 310w -> 290w. 

Edit - so updated firmware on treadmill, added an extra measure dot (noticed belt was pulled slightly towards left), run test and it's back to the same speeds it was. Happy days, I haven't gone carp overnight !!

On to the run - 5 miles around Cambourne on the usual route. 1st mile - nice and steady. Pace seems crazy slow for effort - bump into Mr T ;) - first mile comes up way long - 6.23 for the mile BUT was around 6.08 at the usual mile marker!

Into the 3 miles steady. 5.42 (wind behind) 317w, 5:58 for 317w, 6:10 for 316w.

Pretty impressive consistency for power but shows the wind was behind but into face for last 2 miles and had an effect.

If there was any doubt about the wind the last mile easy was 295w for 6:06 - faster than the last 'effort' mile lol

The run finished up about 160m longer than usual so 6:04/mm for 308w but most likely was around 5:59/mm. But that's Garmins for you - a pace guide not an absolute.

Either way a decent run and more than happy with that. Think I felt a little heavy legged in the first mile as an overhang from the chiro and massage so a rest day tomorrow and I should be just about OK to race Saturday.

Back still aches but nothing to note on the hips. Will do a FIIT hip opener class later today and the stretch the chiro sent on ankles and toe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block