Hip watch #day3

Feel much much better today, woke up feeling usual stiffness but definitely feel much better than it has. Clearly not out of the woods yet but yesterdays routine does seem favourable !

Today plan is to run easy 45 mins (usual Thursday run) which obviously I'll do on treddy.

Hot / cold shower didn't really do much today as was pretty loose anyway but I'm going to tens and stretch pre-run and hopefully no issues running.

Little bit of mojo returning, need to bottle it up for now as I look to prolong rehab into the new year.

Gutted to swerve Dorney on Saturday but not feeling that a 90 min drive for what would be a glorified tempo that may pop something can be justified.

As I am resting tomorrow I am debating doing a harder 5k effort on treddy on Saturday. The sub 6 effort yesterday was pretty relaxed.  But I'm jumping ahead of myself (good sign the mojo is back).

Missed the strength work yesterday as the DOMS was loud so will most likely do again tonight as I need to build up that hip if I am to 100% recover.

Post run -

Easy run on Zwift. 45 mins @ 6:36/mm avge. Felt easy enough to be fair, the legs are still a little DOMS-y but the actual strain feels light now. Def feels like things are headed in the right direction and it's going to be hard not rushing back into anything.  I may try and tempo on Saturday but any pulling and I'll back off. Legs felt a little bleugh at stages today but I think mainly due to being on the treddy for 45 mins just running. That's still mentally tough, the intervals I can handle !!

Need to stretch well this afternoon and get LOTS of protein in.

Weight Tuesday pre-run was 10 st 12 lbs and today post run it's down to 10 st 8 lbs. Ate consciously yesterday (still 3 glasses of wine) so actually approaching race weight ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo