Hip watch #day5

I am very aware I'm using hash tags incorrectly in these title lol 

Rest day yesterday - just did strength set. Feel refreshed today, hip not 100% but much better. Very slight ache. Funny thing is I am actually much better than normal aches and pains with this, I just don't want anything to completely derail me.

Plan today is to do a 5k TT on the treddy. Very controlled effort but lift the pace from what I have been. It's just to test things at pace. Any movement and I'll sack it off. After Wednesday's run I should think the pace would be pretty manageable.

Is it relatable to outdoors?  No that's much quicker ;)

So the target it to hit 5k @ 17.6 kmph for ~17 mins.

HR for 16 kmph on Tuesday was levelling out at 148 bpm so am assuming this will be closer to 160 (around threshold). Probably 10 bpm higher outdoors.

Warm up as normal and should be ready to roll about 12.15 after a lazy start today !!

So...

Warm up fine, feel pretty good today as in theory I'm peaking after a strong build then laying off the sessions!

1 mile @ 14 kmph nice and relaxed. Feel good, quick stretch afterwards and a toilet break and then back.

As the session was on Zwift it was easier to run the treadmill to just under 2km then ramp the pace up as it's easier to go from 2 - 7km for the session (if that makes sense!)

Treadmill switched to miles instead of km so keep it at roughly 10.8 mph to start with and Zwift is reading about 17.6-17.7 kmph which is where I want it to be !

Pretty relaxed first few minutes, just ticking them off. About a mile in take it up to 11.1 mph and settle down. Get to 2km and mentally just thinking about getting to half way and then getting to 3km. At 3km take it up to 11.3 mph - again no idea what this is in KM (it's 18.2 !) cruise through to 4km and HR is steadily rising. Body feels good, no aches or pains but I am sweating !! Last KM just focus on getting through 30 sec blocks. With about a minute to go I up the pace to sub 5/mm. Stop on 5km on the treadmill and almost exactly the same on Zwift.

Check after warm down - 5km in 16.37. Obviously take that with a pinch of salt as it's on a treadmill BUT it's 5km straight at the same average pace I have been doing 6 x km off 90 secs so it's very relative to current fitness. It wasn't flat out by any means, a very good tempo session.

On the cool down my left knee started to feel a bit weird, like a trapped nerve so kept that to a mile or so and called it a day. 

Very happy with that, more than anything mentally it was a strong workout and the body held up (so far). Strength work is clearly paying off too.

Pretty certain I will toe the line next weekend. It'll be good to get a feel for paces. At this stage I would imagine I'll aim to kick off at ~5:20/mm and from there assess how things are going. I shouldn't blow up if it's too tough but enough time to set up a solid finish. Should also be able to pace Jake off of that.

Will do some s&c tonight. Just keep an eye on things as I don't want to take risks at this stage.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo