Hip watch #day4

Banked 3 days in a row, 2 of those pretty much exactly the right sessions and just the speed work replaced with a steady run. Actually feeling really fit at the moment. Funnily enough I feel a bit more mentally refreshed too - obviously the stress of worrying about developing into an injury isn't helpful (ultimate #firstworldproblems) but you can't have everything !!

The hip feels the best yet this morning. Almost like I am trying to feel something. Good news is that today is a rest day so giving it a better chance than ever to respond.

My record in working through niggles is better in the past couple of years - probably because I don't completely stop running and actually try and do some rehab - but there has still been times I haven't been able to continue.

Will continue this morning as usual - do all the stretching and drills that I normally do pre-run but I won't actually run on it. I will do the same strength set today though, I think that properly helped things and I need to keep that in mind when I get lazy !!

Looking back, I haven't actually missed that much - a couple of key progress sessions - but being in decent shape if I can work my way through this then I shouldn't be too far behind where I wanted to be in the new year.

I have entered a 10k for the end of the year so I must be feeling fairly confident things are improving, right ??!!  I will do that as a tempo effort, it's a long way for me and chances of blowing up are fairly high ! Just be good to get a race under my belt.  Talking of which next Saturday is still a possibility even if just to do as a hard workout.

Pretty serious about no more intervals until the new year, I think I have accepted my fate now and I want the next time I book a race in anger to be fairly confident I have a sniff of cracking 16. Use this time to maintain fitness and enjoy training and Christmas!

Tomorrow I am planning to do the 5k tempo on the treddy. I know off the sessions I've done it's pretty close to outdoor effort. It would be nice to be thinking about a controlled 17 min effort. Based on the 16 kmph effort on Wednesday it doesn't seem like a huge stretch to take off 30 secs a mile but we will see how it goes. Def don't want to get carried away just yet !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo