Hip watch - Day 8

After total rest yesterday, felt the usual pre-run lethargy today.

Good warm up pre-run as top of back is TIGHT and have a nagging very slight (almost like I am imagining it) ache in left hip on the joint.

Started run - mile @ 14 kmph feeling very bleugh to start but focussed by the end. Stopped for a pee then 3 miles @ 16 kmph. Have to say this felt VERY relaxed and pretty easy. Not even steady effort. HR was 145 avge - even with the 10 bpm it would be outdoors that's still pretty easy. Warm down to 35 mins.

The new Adios are bang on. These are my new treadmill shoes for sure. I'll race in the pink ones but keep these ones indoor.

Feel pretty good, still concerned about the aches and pains of the back and the hip but I am in good shape even minus the sessions.

Will do strength set tonight - cannot be avoided that is where this will die out or become an injury. If I can build the muscles it should avoid any major issues.  

The hip does feel like a nerve issue which would make sense, bit of inflammation and trapping. I will try the flossing exercise later to see if they help.  Staying on treadmill and keeping mileage short and sharp should pay off though - time will tell.

I think I'd be unlucky to completely fall apart before Saturday afternoon but we shall see !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block