Achillies Tendon Niggle - Day 6

Today is the day to go for a spin! Either way I will attempt a run of some description. It'll probably be on the treddy just to make sure as I don't fancy a long walk back in the cold if it pops!

We're at the point of diminishing form. I feel bloated and slow already so I'm sure I can rescue it if I start back soon but if not it's looking like a complete reset.

Last night I did my rehab quite late. What I really noticed was ankle flexibility was much better afterwards. I think this is going to be key for resuming running as the closed ankle pulls the tendon and calf very tight.  Normal range is 10 - 12cm on the knee to wall test. I can get 11 cm on my right and 9 cm on my left after rehab (bare foot) BUT first thing in the morning my left side is 5-6 cm max which is why I get the morning aches.

I'm ramping up the rehab daily - adding slightly more weight and I need to keep up the lunges to improve the glute & core strength.

Once I can resume running I will start to add dynamic work in (hopping, jumping etc.) as I really think this will be key for me getting enough strength to run track properly next year.

So this morning I'll do all the rehab and then get the run in and report back. Fingers crossed !

Weight pre-run - 10 st 11.4 lbs need to start bringing down!

Run - so on treadmill. Decided to start very slow and build slowly. Started at 10 kmph. Felt it-ish but ok running. About 7 mins in felt it a little more. Decided to up pace and see effect - felt ok again so stuck with it. Upped pace eventually to 14.4  kmph. Pace felt fast !! HR still low a good sign but have def lost some ocnditioning.

Overall it felt a lot harder than it should have BUT the main thing is even though I felt ankle / achillies for the whole run it was not painful - just there. After the run can't feel anything walking yet so a great sign. All being well I will slowly add to this over the next week and see how things go. Fingers crossed it will settle back to zero.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo