Achillies Tendon Niggle - Day 20

Day 20? Really??

Even though I managed 6 days running and 30+ miles last week I have really laid off this week. No running since Sunday BUT I have managed to hit some solid S&C work and today it finally feels like I have turned a corner.

I'm not certain that running was helping as I have been hobbling so rather than risk anything just plough on with the strength work and hopefully offset the other stuff that has been shitty (glutes, hips, hammys, lower back, core, calfs) and come back on a better foundation.

The feeling now is it's pointless to tryt and hold on to lost form. It's gone!  Get myself strong, and hopefully address the issues that traditionally hold me back when I start again.  Build up slowly and keep on top of the strength work.

It's a long way back but I've been here many, many times !!

Strength set (3 sets)

Set 1 - pilates set. Heel drops x 15. Band pilates set (50 x 2, low resistance). 1 min 15 plank (build)

Set 2 - glutes set. Heel drops x 15. Balance lean 2 x 10. Low weight lunge 2 x 10.

Set 3 - plyo set. Heel drops x 15. Bounce x 20. Hop 2 x 10, Jump to step. Jump from step.

Current weight for heel drops - 15kg + 15km + 5kg (35kg). Will progress all the weights and plyo heghts as I progress.  This all means nothing to anyone but me lol !!

Fingers crossed back running at the weekend and it'l be a slow restart this time.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block