Week 1 #done

Week in the bag. 100% better at the end than the start and middle, it's going to be a longer ride to rehab than I had initially thought but there are a few positives!

Today's run - 8.5 miles easy with Jake. Was not expecting anything as my achillies wasn't great pre-run but it eased nicely and never got beyond a very dull ache and was the best it has been by some way. 8.5 miles @ 7.13/mm for 149 bpm is also the best numbers I have seen.

Next week I will try to redo this week exactly and use runs as a benchmark against them to see progress. Right now consistency is going to be the big pay off. If I can repeat this week I will be considerably fitter and I don't think adding intervals yet is going to be as big a bang for buck.

Week 1

32.7 miles, 263 TSS

3 easy runs (12.5 miles) - 8.30-9/mm

1 steady run (6:52/mm @ 152 bpm)

1 tempo (to sub 6/mm, 157 bpm)

1 long run (8.5 @ 7.13/mm)

Average pace overall around 7:30/mm

Next week I will be aiming to see better HR data mainly as I'm not looking to build pace yet. that will come in time. Holly grail right now is no aches and pains, after that I'll slowly add intervals and build the tempo paces but right now it's time for patience!

This week I will also switch up the S&C a bit and focus almost exclusively on lower back strength. I think that may be where I am lacking and loosing power to my hips and glutes. The mobility work is really helping open me up pre-run (from limping to being able to run) so my thought process is see if targetting that has an impact.  Clearly it'll be worse before it's better but will be nice to bounce out of bed rather than hobbling like a 90 year old.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block