Breckland 10k

So, good run yesterday followed by chicken kebab for dinner and an early night.  Wake up 8ish, hour lay in and legs feel ok(ish).  Drive to Breckland, massive dump and all set for the off.

Bang, gun goes off and immediately feel awful.  Through the first k in 3.25, thinking to myself just hang in and things may feel better.  That's certainly not 'too fast' and I have run this pace for first 5k of a marathon!

2nd k marker passed in 7.03.  Ouch, OK it's not going to be a great day ot the office but this was always a tempo run.  Get to the top of the hill approaching 3k and assess the situation.

Now, I only drop out on one condition.  If it's too hard or things arn't going right that's not good enough.  The only stipulation for dropping out of a session or race is 'am I enjoying ANY of this'.  Well I had to say I really didn't want to be in this race at this point.  I'm not earning any money (certainly not today) so I thought fuck it and pulled ot the side.  I jogged home with my head down.  Few shouts of 'you're going the wrong way !' hardy fucking ha ha !

Got back, into the car and straight into traffic outside Thetford - grrrr.

At the end of the day I could blame the marathon, training too hard yesterday, training too long yesterday, lack of conditioning, coming down with something, having a shandy in the pub yesterday, on feet all day yesterday, not being tough enough etc. etc. 

There are a 1001 excuses but since London I have lost a bit of my MOJO.  I think if I was up for it today none of that would have been a problem.  I think I need to get my head down and crack on with training properly and forget upcoming races.  What I really need is to get some relaxed training in with no pressure on myself.

2 funny things today - 1 jogging back I give Liz from Riverside a shout as she had given me a big shout from fetchpoint at London.  Although I called her Dawn and didn't realise till tonight - oops !  Second was I text the missus about coming home - 'FUCKING TRAFFIC OUTSIDE THETFORD' and my 6 year old read it out loud - double oops !!

Lunch today with the out laws in the Horshoe pub in Lt Paxton.  Burget a bit overdone but still nice enough.

Then out for a 5 mile recovery run tonight.  HR sub 140 was the aim (143 was the outcome) but pace was very good - 7.17/mm avge when I would expect closer to 8.  Not sure what that's all about but maybe it's working already!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo