Usual Monday Run

Yesterday was at the footy watching Spurs for the last time this season.  Turned into a bit of an anti-climax with that idiot Martin Fulop in goal for West Brom practically handling them 3rd spot.  I hear he's up for players player of the season for the Gooners.

Had a few beers and plenty of junk food.  Got home, BBQ with the family & kids in bed.  Knew I had to do something so trotted out a 4 mile sakedown.

Not ideal but I am still in 'close season' right now, just ticking over.

The aim this week is to do almost same as last week, maybe slightly more but pick up the pace a little.

Today missus needed to go to a doctors appt, so was home for the morning.  Easiest for me to get out now than later when I could probably do some circuits for bonus points anyhow.

Went out in the rain for an easy 6 - 6.5ish run.

First mile up in 6.55 feeling OK.  Next mile was going really well but slowed second half (from 6.35 pace to 6.45 by the end).  Had a really bad feeling in my guts and had to stop for a pit stop at the Hub.  Back out on the route and settled into a 6.35 mile.  Last couple of miles HR was climbing a little over the planned 150 bpm and run in at 6.50 pace for both of them. 

Overall run was 6.38 miles @ 6.47/mm for 150bpm.  Not as good as some recent runs but up on last week and not too shabby at all.

My plan for this off season is to pick the pace up so almost everything is in the 6.3x range feeling comfortable.  Will add some tempo at well under 6/mm in there and keep recovery runs to a respectable HR but as miles are pretty low for me I am exppecting to keep things the steady side of easy.  Truth be told I want to be running about 6.15 pace pretty easily like I was just before London.

Off to work now and will try and do some circuits and TT tonight as that seems to be helping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block