Adaptions

Legs were seriously tired today, general fatigue and sore legs makes me feel right slap bang in the middle of marathon mode!

Adaptions in training come from rest and it's picking the best time to rest that counts and means your body will adapt and become stronger.
Today I could have rested, I can certainly rest tomorrow but I think one more easy run and then rest Friday will give me the best balance. The annoying thing right now is the soreness in the legs, could do with a real flushing to be honest.

Met up with Ian D today near Milton and did an easy 7.5 @ 7.45 pace. Was probably a bit quicker as we ran several laps of Milton Park but either way it was a social one. One of those runs to get in the book and move on. I always struggle the day after a session and today was no exception! Tomorrow I'll bank an easy recovery 8 with Andy and I will have to put some quality into the weekend.

Few things going on so it will be a good bike ride (35 miles good pace) and a good run. Either easy 15 miles or a good solid 8 miles hoping for sub 6.30s to keep the strength up. Swim has been pushed - I may try for that Friday or Sunday night depending on how I feel.

Got a new stem for my road bike, also raised the saddle. I'll test it on the Turbo first to see what happens but hopeing that will help get a bit more power down. We will see!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo