Swim Technique & Bike sessions

Rest day today, all set for the 90 tomorrow. Bike needs to be checked and loaded into the car and nutrition all sorted in preperation ! Looking forward to it in a strange way - just hope it's not a killer. It's a real test for me, possibly the biggest endurance test ever as my longest marathon was 4 hours. Today have re-read some bike info that's going to come in handy in winter - indoor sessions. A lot of top ironman guys do indoor training mainly to keep their biking strength up and I think that's going to suit me. Will set out a schedule from pretty much now to the end of the year of weekly sessions to improve my bike fitness. I think I need 65 1/2 hours a week between now and then to get strong and on the TT the focus will be much higher. Had a revelation looking at swim technique on-line - my lead hand starts the stroke far too quick before my catch up hand enters the water. Video here explains what it should be (9 strokes per length against my 28!!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4InLAsnmKhY I need to focus on a longer, stronger stroke and a better mire efficient kick. Those are two priorities between now and the new year in these 2 sports !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block