Hard Option with the St Ives Elite

Took the hard option tonight of mile reps at the track.  Legs actually felt not too bad, obviously they didn't ask to get butched on the track but it's good to let them know it can't always be easy easy!

Long day at work, interviewing 6 sales people in an apprentice style.  Was fun and all I can say is I am glad I havn't had a job interview for a LONG time!

Home early enought to refuel & Ian T picked me up at 6.42 on the dot (only 12 mins late lad !!).

Got to the track plenty early, most of the boys had done their warm up and we knocked out about a 6.30 mile - Jesus I wasn't planning on going much quicker in the reps! That woke me up a bit.

Discussions about the session ended up that we would do 4 x mile on the track.  DC fucked about for ever chatting, having a poo, strides, sorting his already immaculate hair out, more chating, couple more strides and eventually we were off ;)

Brilliant turnout - 11 of us tonight and I have to say that's the best I have seen down the track for some time.

Dan, Ed, Fraizer & a couple of others started off the front, me 10 secs behind then DC, Sp8y, Kye, Ian T & John boy behind (think that's everyone).

Settled in to the first one with a 5.35 - aiming at 5.40 so happy with that.  Felt tired, very tired but manageable.

200 walk was slow and DC shepparded us all along - think some of us could have added another 2 minutes to that walk!

2nd rep went a bit harder and came home in 5.29.  Felt better, like I had warmed up a bit but calves getting a bit sore off the tartan.

3rd rep started 10 secs behind the first group, went very hard to catch them early (36 for 200 I think) then sat in front to bring them home.  Small, tiny bit of payback for Ed who got me through Sunday.  Still owe him about 30 more miles!

Ian T & Kye - you boys were far too fast for me to be any help next time when I'm fresh I'll tug you round a few laps.

5.47 feeling very comfortable which was nice, just a bit sore on the legs and general fatigue and rusty at that pace.

Last one DC really had us marching to get round the bend.  Cracked on early and held a good pace throughout for a 5.26 with 2.42, 2.44 splits - very happy with that.

So, first track session since calf went bang.  Averaged 5.35 for 4 x mile feeling pretty good.  Rusty from lack of general speed work, tired legs from Sunday so happy to run 10k PB pace for that.  Will look for a big improvement next time on fresher legs though, 10 secs per rep at least. Was knocking 4 x mile in sub 5.10 before London.

Boys all stuck in some hard work and a good shift.  Great to see #stIvesElite all at it and had some great banter.

Nice warm down to round up 6 miles at a decent pace then Ian T dropped me home before going swimming at 9.30 at night. He is one crazy dude! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo