Flushing the legs

Legs really sore today.  Bit of a niggle on the thigh and a bit of DOMS.  Overall fatigue as well but that's to be expected.

Decided to do a swim set today just to get something in the books, up the swim mileage and help flush the legs out.

Mentally I'm quite drained and about 100m into my warm up decided that I was just going to do 'some swimming' probably in a recovery style.

Ended up with -

300m - 6.01
100m - 1.52
100m - 2.00
50m - 58 secs
350m - 7.18
50m - 1.06
50m - 1.10
350m - 7.25

For 1350m in around 27.40.  Felt OK swimming but mentally I was drained and a lot of fatigue in system so banking some pool time and flushing the legs was a good idea.

Will use tonight to recover again and hope tomorrow legs are much better to do some kind of tempo.  The strength work I mentioned in my last blog I am not going to be silly and do on smashed legs - I'll always try and do the hard sessions on pretty fresh legs to get the most benefit.  Aim for this week is still to rest Wednesday to get it back in line with normal routine as much as possible.

Going to tap Ian T up for the best use of 5 hours cycling time per week.  So lay out some workouts based around that time in priority order.  That way 5 is the magic number but if I do 3 hours it's the most beneficial 3 hours etc. etc.

Really pleased now to get through the tough ride.  I know banking consistent weeks & months of bike time will reap rewards.  Think I need to cycle with people more my level for a while though, Ian is far too strong, Kye & Ed are probably one or two rungs up the ladder from me but anyone that knows me can be sure I am game and I am an improver or a grower not a shower :)

Plan tonight - get garage sorted for the tough TT sessions this winter.  Rest & recover - roll out quads and chill.

Plan tomorrow - if legs are OK then either 4 x mile or 4 mile tempo at the track.  If they are not at least 90% then I'll do a steady 8 miles aiming at around 6.30 pace.  That kind of run needs to be a stock run for me.  I am hitting those numbers so should not be a problem.  Come October that pace needs to drop to the 6.15 range where I know I am going to race really well and confidently.

This weeks big target is 15 miles.  Any way, shape or form I have to hit that run.  Pressure is to not edit that number down to 12 :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo