Is it?

Yup, this is a happy blog!

After resting with some kind of manflu Sunday and Monday, on Tuesday I did a good turbo session - 50 mins with 10 & 5 mins tempo on the biggest gear. Nice effort session and happy with that.

Wednesday I did a swim session in the afternoon but there was definately something in my lungs as I couldn't breath properly. Ended up panicking a bit struggling to breath and session was stressful and completely shit. Did a 30 min turbo session in the evening which was OK but still idn't feel healthy.

Thursday rode again - 1 hour on the roads. Wound up with 19.5 mph which was great and had 3 great segments which I nailled. Did not feel great at all so very positive.

Today felt much better. Tested out the calf on a run - 5.33 miles @ 7.25 pace which isn't too bad all things considered. Best part was calf didn't mumble too much - whole right leg felt a little tight but was pretty OK. Was aiming for an hour but didn't want to push too soon.

In the afternoon went to Ian T's house to meet Ian & Kye to go for a 10 mile TT. In fairness I was really worried about this because Ian said we were shooting for 25 mph. That is pretty much flat out for me but decided nothing ventured nothing gained and turned up anyways!

Easy mile to warm up and I took the start of the ride (I know, what the fuck!!!). Hit 25+ from Elsworth to Cambourne and plugged away to the first incline. Ian T took over and I hogged the wheel, jesus it felt quick but all I thought was hold it for as long as possible.

Early doors Kye was struggling to hold the wheel, about 2 miles in I took the front and Ian T dropped back to bring Kye back up to us. I pushed on to Caldecot BP garage then the road gets quick. Ian had dragged Kye back to me just before the roundabout and we re-grouped. Ian took the pace through Hardwick and pushed hard. It was down on the drops, keep pumping hard cycling and pace was dropping slightly from target.

I took the lead to Madingly for about a km as Ian was tiring.

Round the roundabout then back, Kye came past and I sat in last for the first time. took a really easy ride for a bit then Kye dropped the wheel. I dragged us back and sat in. I was not going to loose it now - lol

Somehwere around the A428 roundabout Kye sat up and was done - just a bad ride - I had that on a 90 a few weeks back #ouch.

Pushed on with Ian T, did another shift in front and then took the drag to the line.

25.30ish for 10 miles, was well pleased with that. Really got dragged round but feel confident now at pushing 20 mph on steady rides.

So a good days training and happy with the world again !!

Off on the piss tomorrow night and then a good 50 to bag on Sunday morning with Ed. Should wrap up a decent week all in and finish the month off better than it was looking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo