Baby steps

Managed to run 3 and a bit miles on Tuesday. Not 100% but certainly not 0% either. More of an ache during and after than pain. Lots and lots of rehab - piroformis stretching and glute work mainly.

The piri is very weak and probably the root of my issues.  Physio identified that on Monday, glutes are not as bad as I thought but the arse muscle is the one that's letting the side down. Going to try another run tonight and hopefully have an improvement on Tuesday's run. 

The ache is still there, the nerve issue is not completely gone but everything's starting to become more localised than vague which I'm assuming is good.

Training camp from tomorrow evening so will be interesting to see how everything goes.

Motivation isn't to bad - mainly because the pace on Tuesday was pretty decent at 7.06/mm.  If I can just start turning the corner with this and get some work done I'll hope to start pushing on by Christmas.

Taking ibro before runs just to give it a helping hand.  I can't see how running itself can be anything but good for it I just need the flare ups and back to ease off. 

The plan right now is to do my 'flossing' exercise throughout the day.  Do a couple of the piriformis exercises from you tube (morning and night) and then if I am running do my normal drills PLUS the 2 band exercises that target the piriformis.  Hopefully focussing on these every day will get me back in the game.

Once I'm running 'properly' again I'll focus on glute / piriformis strength once a day in place of a morning run and build up to 40 miles per week doing that.  Would be amazing to run on track again but seems a distant dream right now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo