Sticking to the plan

First race for a month tomorrow.  Tested foot out today and 100% better, it's a weird one though as it's so on and off.  Fingers crossed tomorrow morning zero issues, although driving isn't ideal and there's a couple of hours of that !

Wore the new 'old' Pegasus Turbo today and they felt so much better. Would like to get a Parkrun in them before they go back lol Shame they have narrowed the 36s and made them a firmer ride. I don't see a huge difference in the 35 Turbo and the 4% to be fair. Saying that I never got on with the Next% either.  Nike did the same thing with the old Vomeros which were the go-to comfortable shoe in 2009 - 2010 but everything newer is too firm :/

Decent run banked, feel easy at better paces but definitely more rested. Still think it's wise to keep the miles around 40 but put in lots of conditioning / strengthening & the stretching that I have been doing.

If (a) I can't pick out a race for December and (b) my foot clears up more then I will try and get it to 50+ per week adding in a double and increasing some length of runs / warm ups & downs.  Have Wolverton 5 in 3 weeks and that's looking like my focus race for the end of year!

The plan's been pretty good but I've missed regular Parkruns for feedback.  Tomorrow should be a good indicator but it's not going to be flat or fast #gulp but fun nonethless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block