Pits of despair

Well, not quote but still a bit fucked off.

Hip niggle is still painful after track Tuesday. Painful walking today on the school run so another zero day where I'll try and rehab it with stretching / rolling.  I'll lay off the nurofen until later to see if anything improves it.

Still think it's a sciatic / tight back issue rather than any damage around the actual hip joint which it feels like.

It's annoying as things are progressing but if there's ever a time to be injured you want that to be in early November!  Will take things slow, get some easy runs in to rebuild and hopefully start again properly next week with a build week.

Tuesday's 1,000s were solid, last one only a second slower than start of season race pace and I had more in the tank. Will be interesting if I do ever manage to get a short race in again.

Wolverton 5 is in doubt next weekend, don't want any pressure to run hard so if it's sacked off I'll just pick something early Jan to make as a comeback.

Once I can start running pain free, need to build rehab / s&c in again.  Maybe up that to 4 x per week on leg strength.  Just hoping laying off now clears up all the little niggles.

Not a very interesting blog but good to review on niggles when I get them in future.  Not sure Tuesday was a mistake as I had rested, think not enough strength work was maybe the main issue.  If I'm not doing double days then I need to factor in more strength especially if I want to chase next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo