Nervy

Saw physio on Friday and diagnosis is trapped or aggravated femoral nerve. Makes sense as the vague sensations add up to exactly whats happening. Set an exercise to complete several times daily and hopefully back tomorrow to get the all clear to start running again.

Night pain reduced (probs from not running) and I've done a lot of work on glute strength.  Really need to address glute strength, firing and core when I do start running properly again.

Hard work trying to eat better while not running to stop weight ballooning.  I reckon I have one week max before that starts to gain pace.  Fuck sake, shouldn't have thrown all the fat shirts out !!

Back is tight still but is loosening and the massager I bought helps ease it off.  Also think rolling the piriformis helps. I'll bang some ibroprofen tonight.  In theory if it's not muscular damage it shouldn't be a problem if it clears pain.

Really starting to see motivation drop.  All those plans on project 15 are well and truely out the window.  Hopefully a return to some kind of pain free running will see that grow.  The worry will be too much too soon but it's massively cunty frustrating.

Wolverton 5 today - gutted seeing that as that would have been a great race but fingers crossed all being well this week I'll target a Parkrun when I turn 45 #ouch

So hopefully tomorrow brings better news.  With no bikes and the pool closed down for winter my rehab is hamstrung a bit.  The positive thing is that it really couldn't happen at a better time.  2 weeks off from Wednesday, so touch wood even I can't loose all my fitness in such a short space of time, but  hopefully should be able to start building it up over the next few weeks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block