P1 W?

God knows what week, but back to base was name of the game.

So it's a fine line between fitness and the disabled list. This week, started nursing my achey foot / heel. The left shin issue is still there.  By Friday morning I'd developed a problem with my lower back / glute / hip that's a sharp pain pulling intermittently during a run but is constant at night when trying to sleep.

Pretty sure the weird back / hip / glute pain is from either weights or pilates (back bends) and I'm pretty sure I won't damage it as it's root is higher up.  Nurofen takes the edge off so stocking up on that is my rehab.

The foot isn't so bad now, still there but I'm getting stuff done.

Week worked out like this -

Mon - 6.3 easy @ 6.46/mm
Tue - 4 mile tempo @ 5:46/mm. Total sesh 6.18 @ 6.14/mm
Wed - 5.2 recovery @ 7.08/mm - crazy easy
Thu - REST pilates & s&c
Fri - 7.46 @ 7.19/mm easy with Rich
Sat - am) 4.34 @ 7.10/mm pm) 2.37 @ 8.28/mm
Sun - am) Lola Parkrun 11.45 pm) long run 9.59 @ 6.37/mm @ 150 bpm

42.7 miles.

Really pleased with this.  Easy / steady runs well under 7/mm with not much effort.
Key runs were the tempo which started with a 5.55 and got down to 5.35 but felt very manageable and the long run which would have been 6.2x if I had stayed on road.

I think I could easily keep things here pace wise. Effort is coming down, really not far off low 6's for steady effort on flat road course.  Tempo runs could do with settling at 5.30 level, will possibly try and bank some tempo intervals around that this week.

Touch wood the body holds up.  2 weeks till Wolverton 5.  Thinking 27.30, 5.30 pace seems a bit of stretch BUT when I ran 27.10 at BRJ in 2012 I was in far less shape than now so who knows.

Next week aiming to get more miles in but general effort higher (steady 150-155 bpm) and one solid tempo session Tuesday night but nothing major.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block