Rectus Femoris

I've stretched everything, rolled everything and self diagnosed everything this past 6 days.

Fucking hip was in brutal pain when running.  Weird, all over pain that feels tight along lower back, all around the side of the hip (TFL was a prime suspect and stretched mercilessly), in the actual joint and radiating down the femur.  Feels like it's locked up as soon as I take a step, and a dull ache in bed at night.

In other words, it's a bit of a cunt.

Today, after 2 hours of stretching and self pilates glutes activation (I know) I walked the dog and the pain returned walking. Not a good sign and possibly a sign that I'm making things worse.

Got back and did some more research. Decided the obvious course of action was to look at specific stretches & releases for all the muscles and tendons of the hip. Well, why not ?!

The Rectus Femoris was self id'd as the pain along the top of the glute.

Stretched (knee on floor, rear foot raised) and agony in my knee.  Googled it and it looks like I've identified a big cause.  The muscle was like piano wire deep inside with knots all over it.  A good roll (read fucking agony and crying) and it's loosened up.  Jogging on the spot gives no pain.

Possibly - and i am not jumping the gun here a good stretch of old rectus cuntoris and loosen off the lower back / hip tonight and prey that tomorrow brings a mini and pain free joglet.

I'm not holding out - I've been here many times before (just on this injury) - but fingers crossed I can stop dripping away fitness soon.

It's an interesting battle in my head to decide exactly how slowly the comeback will be from a near week off.  I've not had this amount of time off for months, in fact the last 7 months I've only had 2 days in a row off once!

Training wise I have exciting plans if I ever do get back running pain free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo