Bobbing Along the Bottom

Better night sleep but still really not at all well. Weigh in for first time since Friday - 10st 6 - so as to be expected the body will retain water and fat while I'm cattled. Resting HR 48 bpm - same as yesterday so 5 bpm over normal.

Feels like maybe I am at the bottom now so fingers crossed things start to improve from here. It's actually been 5 full days since I felt rough and most likely 6 as Tuesdays session did feel unnaturally hard work.

Almost ironic now looking back last week and being thankful of timing of illness that it was perfect. 95% sure that Battersea is a non starter now and Telford will just be a day trip. 

12 weeks of focus for 2 races that now seems just totally written off. Even worse is that over the Christmas period there's no real back up alternatives to fall back on.

Going to need some real DC positive moments to try and process this !! 

Not sure I have felt this ill for a period of time for many years? It's not Covid (tested) and I've had flu jab this year already. Very nasty bug indeed.

Chest and throat so bad today that I have pretty much lost my voice - lol. I guess you just need humor when things like this happen. There are absolutely much worse spots to be in !!

Before I do any analysis or planning the only thing I'm focussed on now is get healthy. Resting HR back to 43 bpm and feeling good is going to be the start point. Until then, eat healthy, drink tea and rest. I've pretty much nailled the last 2. Will probably need to start stretching at some stage as my hips and back will start to tighten up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo