Time to start improving

Training stats from last week -

50.7 miles, 2 s&c sessions, 2 sessions (1 fail), 1 race, 441 TSS & 1 lesson learned

So the obvious - 16.59 for Parkrun. Little rusty, better than expected, power low, hr fairly low. Absolute minimum standard to build where I need to from.

Have to admit that I was very nervous on what to expect after the week I'd had but discovering the lack of carbs in my diet really made a big differnce. Fingers crossed addressing this now going forwards into the next critical 2 weeks will really pay off.

Weight was 10 st 3 lbs this morning so we are now getting to the stage where it's consistent at this level. I reckon as long as I can start lifting pace in training it'll be fine.

Plan for this week is to repeat the volume session on Tuesday (although it may need to be on treadmill) and hopefully see some stronger work on the km efforts.

Last weeks benchmarking showed 323w to be 5k power. Few watts in the bank and HR could certainly go 2-3 bpm higher so looking good at this stage on a faster course. Ideally next time out 330w at 10 st 1 and that will be a lot quicker.

This week I'll return to the 60/30s on the treadmill that has paid off previously to get the legs used to spinning quicker.

2 weeks of solid build work and then taper in to Battersea and hope I stay healthy.

Surprised TSS was so low this week as was only 3 miles lower but I guess the Sunday run was the big difference there.

Need to bank a proper long run for the next 2 weeks tho, that's for sure.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo