Risking it all

Rest day yesterday, trying to break out of this illness.

Today, decided to gamble on doing the session even though I am not 100% healthy. I feel about 80% during the day and if I wasn't racing next weekend I would take an extra day or two. Frustrating as I am in really good shape but I kind of need to start seeing improvement each day. Right now, I'm pretty much ticking along and not improving.

Session was supposed to be 12 x 75/45 but I called a very low improvement on last week to compromise - 12 x 60/30 but taking the pace from 18.6 to 19.9.

Felt really good during the session. Wore the MetaSpeeds and the power was pretty low. HR slightly up on last week but to be expected.

Bit of a coughing fit after the session and post run feeling very lethargic.

Still hoping that sleeping well tonight and resting well will give me 85% tomorrow. If I feel better at least I can get through next couple of days training and then rest Monday. All being well this does not head to my chest and Tuesday onwards I'll start firing in to taper.

Worst case - sack of next Saturday and delay things by a week and just hit Telford and then Parkrun but I still think I'll be alright on the night.

Time wise things are OK, hard work is in the bank and I just need to get myself to the start line healthy and fresh bu I would love to take the confidence of getting this week banked along with me !!

Bit of a note to self blog post here, Wednesday woke up shite. Thursday rest. Friday still shite but session banked. Focus on recovery, nutrition and sleep.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo