It had to happen

Woke up yesterday morning with the dreaded sore throat and feeling pretty rough. Managed to get out for 8 yesterday evening and actually felt pretty good with a really low HR BUT today woke up with that lingering feeling so just carded a zero for the day.

Frustrating, but illness at this time of the year is going to happen.

In terms of next weekend, it really could not have happened at a better time. Banked Tuesday session which was the last hard work out and it's pretty easy to move things around to accommodate an extra rest day. 

Feel ok - ish today, not great but happy to bank the extra rest. Will rest up, eat well, drink well and sleep well tonight and hopefully be back on it tomorrow feeling better.

Plan now is to do the speedwork session tomorrow, run a steady 8 Saturday and long easy on Sunday. If I can get those in the book I'll start to navigate next weeks taper as it happens !!

Looking back over my blogs and fetch I've had loads of periods like this over the years where I've raced through being rough, ill, sore throat or fluey and actually gotten past it and still run so I'm not panicking...yet !!! Actually felt rough the day before my 5k at Bedford this year so it does happen.

Pretty much made the call to race in Alphafly 1s next Sunday, they've really felt good on sessions recently so I'll take confidence wherever I can.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo