Week in the Bag

Another solid week in the bag and an improvement on last week. One more big week to go and then taper time for the next block of racing.

Feeling pretty excited about racing now, I know I am in good shape and I'm really starting to feel that fitness come back on every run.

Mon - S&C

Tue - am) treadmill session - 8.00 @ hm 7.30 @ 10k 7.00 @ 5k 7.30 @ 10k pm) 3 shakeout

Wed - am) easy 3.8 miles pm) 8 miles easy 

Thu - treadmill session - 12 x 60 on 30 off from 18.5 - 19.7 plus S&C

Fri - 14.1 long trail run

Sat - 10k recovery

Sun - 8 miles progressive ladders 6.39/mm avge

8 hrs training time, 56.2 miles, 502 TSS

Decent week with some good quality and feeling much, much stronger throughout than last week. Need to do volume reps outside next week but did hit my power targets fine this week. Speed work went really well, first really fast session for a long time and worked through it with no issues. Legs need to adapt to moving faster and I have 2 more goes at that. Decent long run banked - very happy with that as has been lower for the last 5 weeks. Sunday was a nice progression ladder in 5 min blocks (7.21/6.57/6.34/5.52/7.20/6.38/6.08/5.40 - then cool down at 7.06/mm)

Have to say I feel really smooth running. I've had a big block of training and I have fatigue but I am hitting the correct numbers. 

Body is holding up. Some tiredness on the glutes at the weekend but hardly surprising with lots of driving and off the back of a big week. I just need to get through this next week with no issues and I think that strength will really start to show.

Only concern is the fact that running really quick (5.3x pace and below) feels too quick - I'd like to start feeling very comfortable. At 6.10 pace I feel very, very relaxed but I really need to start feeling that way at 5k pace.

Looks like I missed a good PR this weekend, times were quick but with an eye on the prize I don't have that luxury right now.

Focus next week - pretty much repeat this week. Add a mile to the long run, add in an extra S&C session (lazy this week), bring it up to 60 miles. I'll do a slightly different session Tuesday which will be slightly less volume but aim is to hit target 5k pace on those so will be interesting to see what the body thinks. Back on the serious fuel plan for the last couple of weeks, hit the right nurtition, stabilise weight and get strong.

         


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo