Flu

So Daz Man, was it worth it?? Short answer is no.

Yesterday took a turn for the worst, started feeling really ill - brutal sore throat, chesty and aching. Flu. It hit me HARD.

Ended up in bed at 7pm. Didn't really get much sleep and woke up today feeling better once I was up but far from 100%.

Previously wrote a blog about resting up when you feel ill at any stage and not risking it. I should have heeded my own advice. This one is for the search in future and the answer is just take the hit early, do not try and run through. Last Tuesday I really started to feel it (session was way too hard), Wednesday was bad but ran. Thursday rested. Friday feeling better and ran. Saturday fucked. Sunday fucked.

So right now, there is no way I'll run today. Not considering tomorrow yet but whatever happens next weekend as an A race target is out the window.

Plan B - there's always more plans - I'll look at once I'm healthy but right now plan A is to get myself healthy again. Not even considering running with how weak I feel at the minute.

This has been up there with the most ill I have ever been. Fitness wise I've actually banked a really good couple of sessions this week but it's the effect on lungs and respiratory system that'll be the concern.

All I can do now is rest up, eat well, sleep and get myself dosed up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo