Food Update - Geek Data

So, weight is bang on where it needs to be. 10 st 2 lbs and stable. I'd always assumed less weight to contribute to speed but in the last couple of weeks that just hasn't happened.

In reality I think that some things are just more complicated. So analysing my nutrients it does seem that I am consistently way below carb target. Protein and fat I tend to be close enough to goal but carbs are way below (as is fibre).

So the plan from now is to be more focussed on nutrients and make sure I get the right amount. In fact looking at my food diary I haven't been close since I started dieting, in fact the only days I have been over 267g (my no run daily target) are -

Oct 16, Oct 22 (was close previous day), Nov 4, Nov 6

Nov 4 was day before Mansfield where I actually ran OK (ish) and Nov 6 was day after where I ate out twice.

Oct 16th was a tired day BUT next day I actually ran well.

Oct 22nd was a really good run day and 23rd was also strong - this was 2 close days of daily targets.

There haven't been many days that I have felt amazing outside these so it's possible that lacking carbs has really affected my power output (or ability to hit it)

Looking at days that I really noticed feeling weak -

Oct 29, Oct 30, Nov 8, Nov 10

Oct 28 and 29 were particularly low days and Oct 30th was a bonked long run!

Nov 7,8 & 9 were all also very low. 

So it's very possible that low carb is making me too fatigued. Obviously the plan from now is to manage this more sensibly. I've hit protein or close to it most days BUT I've targeted calorie deficit as a pose to nutrition target primarily.

It will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes. I'll make sure I hit carb and protein goal even at the expense of weight loss (or maintenance). It's a positive step to at least see a potential reason why I may be feeling bleugh more often than not.

Everything is a learning curve. Very possible it make not a jot of difference BUT I'll at least have a chance to see how overload + rest + proper nutrition affects performance!

Quick guide to food's I need to be taking on board more regularly ...

Jacket potato (4.6g protein, 50.5 carb, 4.8 fibre)

GF Pasta 87g (5.9g protein, 67.7 carb, 1.4g fibre)

Rice (2.3g protein, 31.7g carb, 0g fibre)

Tiger Loaf 100g (4g protein, 40g carb, 5.5g fibre)

Simple changes - Avoid pancakes, have tiger loaf for breakfast. For lunch have either a sandwich or a jacket potato. Pasta for dinner over rice.

If lacking a small snack of pasta with tomoto sauce and cheese will be bang on




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo