Updates - Weight and a Return to Racing

OK, so it's been a while. Amazingly (for me) weight loss has been a huge success. Down to 10st 1.6lbs yesterday - sub 64kg and lowest weight in many, many years. I'm actually bang on target weight now so don't really need to continue pressing this. It sounds crazy me saying this but it has been so much easier than I expected - in fact I have only really cut out junk (and not all of it) and laid off booze a bit (I've been on the piss 3/4 times) and still eaten out 5-6 times and been on holiday. 

Run wise, struggling for real consistent improvement. Just need to keep grinding BUT I do think I need to apply some real world testing to sessions to get a grip on what the correct power / pace / hr will be.

Mansfield tomorrow morning for the National XC relays. First race in a few weeks and will be good to run harder than I have for a while. It's a great event but you can take very little from it in terms of form. I've beaten guys that are miles better than me and been hammered by people who shouldn't get anywhere near. It's just a good fun event, a solid workout and a chance to get the club to step towards bigger level events en-mass (I'm A team and should probably be B or C).

Right now I am building towards Battersea and Telford in 4 weeks. I'm pretty happy with where I am but I've just not had a consistent enough block for one reason or another. next week I'll probably have the first chance (niggles allowing) to push a proper solid full weeks training. May even hard tempo Parkriun on the Saturday just to get an indicator.

First things first, I need to get a grounding of power to weight now I am lighter. I'll do 8 x km structured session of 2 x (300w / 320w / 335w / 360w) on road which should represent all the pace bands up to target. In theory 300w now should be what 320w was a month ago ! Once I have that analysis I'll know roughly current and target power and will be able to organise sessions around that.

Sessions going forward will be one volume session - 5 miles worth starting at 10k for a block and then into 5k and finishing at target where I am pushing quite hard above current levels. Second session will be a progressive tempo where I'll be fairly aggressive down to quick pace rather than hovering around 6s.

Long runs need to stick to 15. With less on I'll be able to nail that early on Sunday mornings unlike this week where it's an afternoon session.

Mileage - 55 building to 65 max.

This is a 4 week block so there's plenty of time to get really fit if all goes well.

CTL is currently 56 so I hope to get that above 60 which will be highest run ever recorded on TP. I've hovered around 55 for a couple of weeks with so much going on.

So plan now is to maximise the benefit of the weight loss that I have achieved. I have to be honest, so far I'm no quicker. HR is up for effort BUT power is way down. Good signs that I may be slightly ill (hopefulyy it's just this) and there is huge potential for progress but we shall see.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo