Finally?

Plan today was 5 progressive. Olden days Daz would have started around 7/mm and pushed down to 5/mm by then end with last bit practically flat out.  Finish feeling fresh as a daisy and ready to go hard the next day.

The old body doesn't hold up to that any more.  Started around 7.30/mm and pushed down to 6:45/mm with an easyish last mile.

Mentally the plan really helped - 140/145/150/155bpm for first 4 miles progressing the effort rather than just pace. Wheras I'd normally do 6 easy and hope for the best having a bit of structure helped.

Good stretch tonight and tomorrow it's 12 x 400m off 30 secs (if I can last it!) No idea what pace I'll hold but I'd have thought sub 80 would be a decent start.

Sold 2 of my bikes, turbo & loads of bike bits today.  Shocked at a) how much stuff I had lying about in drawers and b) how much it all adds up to.  Mt Sram front mech is at £103 with 6 days to go.  I'd taken it off and just sat it in a box.  Was going to give it away with the TT bike for nish!

Going to list all my kit, probs got few hundred quids worth of bike shirts.  It's hopefully all going to pay for next winter's family holiday and create some space in the man cave!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block