VEryNICE

After Thursday's tough session, the legs were pretty battered on Friday for an easy 4 mile spin out.  HR was lunar, think it hit 160 bpm for 7.30/mm at one stage. 

Decided to hit Great Denham Parkrun on Saturday for a hard workout. The plan was see how the start went and if OK push on, if not just try and do some productive efforts.  Off to Venice in the afternoon (see what I did with the title!) so wanted something banked in case I didn't do much whilst away.

So make sure I arrive early for a change!

Warm up mile and pace is better than usual - in fact better than ever.  Pushed on but a 6:32/mm warm up mile got the legs woken up.  My 17.30 run I have struggled to run about 7.20/mm for less than a mile so looks good.

Ready to go, say hello to John Uff and then good bye (he sticks about 10 secs / mile into me from the off).  Ease in to the first mile and the Garmin is doing the annoying thing of reading slow.  I know pace is decent enough and sure enough it feel a bit long but we hit the first mile in 5:26.

Second mile keep the work rate up. Don't feel amazing but feel like I can keep it solid.  A decent way in the Garmin says 5:50/mm which in fairness I would believe. Work back up to the finish and then round the bend to lap 2.  Pace is coming down to 5:45/mm so just hope it keeps going.  Beeps at 5:37 !

So 2 miles in I'm feeling OK, pace is around 5:32 avge.  Keep grafting, honestly feels OK and legs are limiting factor - 2 solid sessions in the week and NOT a lot of conditioning are taking their toll.  Push round the last bend and up the hill.  Pace on Garmin is 5:32/mm for the mile so we're on a decent schedule.  Work pretty hard into the finish and stop the clock on 17.11. Bang on 5:32/mm

Bang tidy that.  2nd fastest ever Parkrun. My fastest (17.08) was the first one I ever did in 2010 !
Off the recent inconsistency I will take that all day long.  3rd fastest 5k this year (I hate mornings!)

The new training regime is definately the way forward for me.  Plenty of discipline, lots of pace and it's designed to make 5:30/mm feel more than managable.  All I need now is consistency.

So, Saturday afternoon was off to Venice - so much for consistent training lol

Got a 5k in on Sunday (after a lot of walking, some sunbathing and a couple of beers) and a 5 mile treadmill on Tuesday.  Rested Monday apart from some cross training (walking about sightseeing all day!)

Start properly tomorrow !!!

Scores on the doors last week (this is interesting)

27.2 miles ran
8 miles at 5:20/mm avge
5 miles 6:30-7/mm avge








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo