Back.On.Track

As holiday season finishes upyesterday was really day 1 of autumn training.  Time to get consistent.

Things are pretty good, I'd say off last weekend I'd be fairly confident of going 16.45 in an evening 5k.  Still, fucking long way to go !!!

Track session yesterday on properly battered legs.  Wasn't feeling it but one of those sessions your glad to go solo.  The good thing about doing track sessions with very short recovery (in fact the only good thing) is that pace isn't as important as getting the session done.  Even if the paces aren't best ever - getting them done will really improve fitness and fast. Because the pace is still good enough and the session is mainly about nailling the recovery - running hard, short rest and then back into it buffering all that lovely lactate.

So session was the old classic 2 x 9 x 200m off 30 secs and 5 min between sets.

Did it in flats because my legs couldn't face the thought of lacing up spikes.  I don't think they would make a huge difference at this kind of pace to be honest.

First rep was 37 - not ideal but not terrible.  In my head I thought 37 avge would be a good session for how I was feeling.  From there it worked down to 35 with the odd 34 in there or the first set.  Happy with that.

Walked th set rest and the second set worked hard and pace was better - 34 & 35 for all of them bar a single 36.

Avge was mid 35 so 70 sec lap pace (faster than 800m this year!) so I will take that as it is !

Legs truely battered by the finish, some tlc and hot / cold treatment last night and touch wood I can get something in the 8-10 mile range in today as I havn't gone that far for about 3 weeks !

Parkrun this weekend - not really thinking my legs will get there if I am honest.  I'll probably just try and bank some miles but I'll see how they go.  I'm thinking in this block of training just keep battering the legs, adding volume and building the engine.  Off a bit of a taper (no racing or boozing) I'd be pretty confident.

Few races in the book for September and the 5k track race at the end is probably my first target race of the year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block