Busy Weekend

Friday I decided to have a rest day. We were taking our youngest kids to Gullivers Land in Milton Keynes and then having friends over for dinner in the evening. My window to run was pretty narrow and I only wanted to get a 6 mile recovery run in, so went for the rest as the legs were still feeling weary.

Ended up having waaayyy to much booze in the evening (17 bottles of beer, 3 bottles of Rose and a large dent in my bottle of Mount Gay Rum between 4). In bed by 2.30am and then up at 7.15 with the kids. Narrow window to run in the afternoon was missed in favour of a doze on the sofa. Out to a friends BBQ in the afternoon and decided to swerve the booze as I was still feeling a bit sensitive and wanted to get some kind of run in.

Out at 9pm on the dot, decided to just run pretty hard as I will only get 2 short runs in this weekend so wanted to drain the best out of both. First mile up in 6:45 and feeling way too hard and a bit long compared to usual beep point! Eased back for 2nd mile but came in at 6:26. Stop just before the end of the third mile to stretch my calves out, lunarracers getting a bit flat and feels like a harsh ride. 6:34 for the mile. 6:17 for the 4th mile and work quite hard. Stop briefly again as the tounge is rubbing in my shoe FFS ! Briefest of stops and run the 5th mile hard. HR is up where it needs to be but I'm tired and can't lift the pace where I would like it. 5:45 for the mile. Jog the last minute or so home to have 5.15 miles @ 6:20/mm for 157 bpm @ 994 beats per mile (best this year).

Extra stop was annoying but got some decent pace in there. Considering how bad I felt on the first mile was pleased with how it panned out. Will do roughly the same tomorrow as I am not running many miles this weekend and getting some low 6's and hight 5's in there will help. Reckon I need to get a proper long one in at some stage next week though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo