Easy and Steady

Nice easy 10k with Andy around the nature park and along the canal at work this afternoon. Very relaxed pace - 8:56/mm ish and felt fine. Good to get out of the office!

Even though I'm racing Wednesday I fancied doing something with a bit of pace in it tonight to get the legs moving. Was going to be HR test but on the fast mile I bumped into a pal and had a minute chat. First mile mark (Garmin took agest to register) came up at 7:35 for 141 bpm, Then into 6:46/mm @ 151 bpm which is really nice. 6:44 for 156 bpm in the next mile, mainly into a head wind and with a little uphill bit. Fancied putting the foot down in the next mile so worked it down from 6:31/mm to finish up with 5:56/mm so nicely done. Finished off the last 1.15 mile @ 7:03 ish pace feeling really good.

HR wasn't too bad tonight and I really felt like I was holding back which is nice. Probably the best I've felt for a while.

Will go really easy tomorrow with plenty of stretching and keep my diet & hydration right. Fingers crossed I get myself into tip-top shape for Wednesday with a small taper tomorrow. Looking good at the moment for sub 17. This years 5k progess has gone 18:44, 18:04, 17:11. 45 sec chinks each time !! I will be happy with 12 on Wednesday but we'll see what the day brings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block