Title Just For DC !!

Track session tonight. Long day at work with meetings, late home, stuffed down a quick dinner and then straight out to the track.

Warmed up with Ian, 2 miles on the road in just under 15 mins. Good to have him back! 3 x 100m strides feeling tired and noticed the wind blowing a gale. Legs feel ok but just feeling a bit lethargic.

Set off in groups, I started at the back with DC. 72 first lap, 76 second for 2.28. Bleugh, not great. Never is on the first rep but must admit I know this is going to be a striggle tonight.

2nd rep and I feel much better on the first lap, 71 secs and bunch on the back straight into the wind. Feel pretty good but around the bend onto the home straight I just don't have the legs to lift the pace. 2.28 again but feeling marginally better.

Last rep set off again at 71 feeling a bit off the pace. Catch Ed half way down the back straight but again feel like I can't lift the pace on the home straight but lift it very slightly to 2.27.

Pretty pleased with the 800's considering how windy it was and how shite I felt. Was about same as what I did for this session in May without the wind.

Added 4 x 200 at the end. Worked really hard on these, not quick at all but pretty consistent. Worked out at 30, 30, 30 & 30. Mr Wenn turned up just for the 200's and knocked out between 25-26 seconds!!

Mile warm down at a snails pace and glad that's done!!

Happy to get it in the bag, can't all be winners. This session seems to be my nemesis and I'll nail it one day. Aim was 2.25 avge so not a million miles off with the wind taken into account. Will swim tomorrow and rest the legs then do something hard Thursday/Friday as I need to batter my legs into shape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block