Time to start planning

Feel a little aimless at the minute. I had originally set out with the intention of doing some Triathlon stuff, some track races & some 5ks this summer. Want to enjoy running quick before the more serious stuff starts when the weather turns cold!

With niggles/illnesses/family stuff/work stuff/ lack of mojo etc.. etc.. this year, things have always been a little behind where I want to be.

One thing that help me get my head straight is planning, I feel like I have an aim and this is all going somewhere. My blogs & logs are full of intended races and schedules but having a target gives me the motivation I need to get out the door.

We have booked a family holiday driving through France to see my sister & nephews at the end of August and I think I'll take that opportunity to have some downtime and recharge my batteries. It will let me concentrate on getting my 5k time right down before I go and then when I am back I'll move into half marathon training.

Races that I know coming up before the end of the year are...

July 6 - Peterborough 5k Ferry Meadows
August 3 - Peterborough 5k
August 14 - Thorney 5m
August 17 - Peterborough 5k
October 2 - Frostbite
October 9 - GER Half marathon
October 31 - Fenland 10
November 13 - Frostbite
November 20t - St Neots Half
December 18 - Frostbite

Wow, a lot of racing!! Like I say, from Now to August 17 I will do what I can. Speed work when I can, steady long runs and push the pace on my steady stuff. I don't think it's worth setting any training plans in place.

September I will return and aim to run some bigger miles as I prep for half fitness. Long runs every week (at least 2 hours) and only 1 speed session. The rest will be aimed at faster steadies but increased volume.

October seems busy race wise. I am only fussed about Great Eastern as that's my best chance of champs start at London.

November & December I will just try and run consistent mileage with track & road intervals thrown in. Simples!!

So the aim for now is to keep running hard and fast. I will be resting at the end of August after my target races so I can afford to go a bit harder without worry of burn out. After that we are back on the bigger miles to get used to feeling tired and running a bit stronger.

Big target this year has to be the 75 half, get that nailled as it's the only serious target I didn't achieve last year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo