Track Sesh

After a good ride today, needed to buy some spikes for Saturdays race. Combined it with a trip to the pub with the family for tea and made the mistake of buying the extra large burger. Got me spikes from Advanced Performance in Cambridge. Loverly aren't they !!

Not much choice to be fair, when I were a lad I used to pore over magazines for the best spikes, usually Bourne Sports in Stoke or Knight Sports in Chingford. Now I am just happy to own a pair !! It was always Nike Air or Asics back in the day.

So to the session. Pace judgement for 3k SC on Saturday. Aim was to run 3 x 1000m @ 3.20 pace for a target time of 10 mins. We laid some hurdles out on the bends in lane 3 and a barrier out on the back straight so with not much work being done in lane 1 it was probably working out closer to 1025m (the extra 3/4 secs is important !!!) I know there is no water jump so the distance is probably fair.

New guy Paul turned up, he's got some shit hot PB's and was happy to run with us on the first rep to see how it was running behind people. First rep I led out and finished up in 3.25. Felt pretty hard but first rep always is. Also hit about 6 of the 9 barriers.

2nd rep worked hard again and wound up with 3.23 following DC home. Hurdled much better but leg strength or lack of showing.

3rd rep was tough, bit windy tonight and had to work hard for 3.24.

Pleased with the session. Time wise it's always hard to pace as it could have been a bit further. Allowing a second a barrier it's roughly worth 10 min pace so it will be interesting to see how Saturday pans out. I had hoped it would feel pretty easy I guess but 5.20 pace over 1km and 9 hurdles is probably not so bad.

On to the 200's. 32 for the first one, feels bloody quick! Work really hard on the next 3 and although I run 30.xx for all 3 of them I know not running track for a couple of weeks and having a hard few days it's just a lack of leg speed. I think if I am sensible between now and Saturday it should be all good in the hood.

Aim now is to get a good hour in tomorrow and a swim if poss. I'll do something longer Thursday and rest up Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo