Trashed

Legs were pretty tired yesterday, managed to get out for an easy 10k jog at work, Garminless. I didn't need a watch to tell me how slow I was going and the first mile or so - was way over 9/mm pace as I eased into the run and probably just below 8's by the end. Felt OK afterwards but knew that my legs needed a rest.

Woke up this morning and legs still ache, it's more in the tendons than the muscles so probably just where they have been stretched out to run at a speed I havn't gotten close to for any length of time (1k reps is furthest). I probably was striding out a little far in the last km of the race to try and get the pace back up and on tired legs that are not quite used to it yet!

Reminds me of when I used to go to the gym and do weights after a long layoff, feels painfull for a few days but after that you become more resiliant.

Missus is out all day so it's me and the little one until 3 then off to pick the oldest up from school and then at 5 off to pick the middle boy up from nursery. Have thought about penning in a rest day but may do an hour on the turbo later, more to get some use out of it and the bike than anything. Might help just spinning the legs nice and easy and I still have to get over my fear of 'saddle arse'!

Next race up will be a track race (Southern Mens League) on 31st July. I'll either go 5000m or make my 'chase return ! I will do 2 track races this year - things havn't panned out as well as I'd hoped on the fitness front and I'm only now where I wanted to be in April time so it's been a bit of a delayed start. I'll do one chase and one 5000 to give me a chance of a decent time at both.

There are other races between now and 31st but that gives me 3 solid weeks training with no interuptions. I can get Tuesday track session, Friday long run routine back rather than shifting things about and getting complicated with life and boozing getting in the way. Looking forward to a good block of training and starting it with recovery from the race !!

After the 31st I have 2 5k's, another track race and a 5 mile race. August will be mainly racing as I eek out all my fitness before taking a couple of weeks dowtime and moving up to half marathon training.

So rest or turbo today, something harder tomorrow (short on time and depends how legs feel) then slightly longer Sunday. Fingers crossed Monday starts with legs feeling good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo