Listening to my Body

Today the plan was 20. Get it out of the way nice and early, not go mad just nice and steady and get the first proper long one in the bag.

After getting in to work at 10, I was planning to get out of the door by 10.30 but with one thing or another (and another and another .... ) it's just wasn't happening and my window closed. Started to feel a bit tired today, I know the miles are having an effect on me and it's a 2 step forward 1 step back process. Also mentally it's tough to have miles looming over you when you are not performing yet.

So, considering my options - I don't really want to run a 20 on Friday with Sundays half and I don't really want to have a 5 day week at this stage. My body feels a bit tired so I will ease it up a bit and go 5 tonight, 12 tomorrow morning, 4 in the evening, rest Saturday and then Sunday do a longer warm up into the race (at Marathon-ish effort) and then a long warm down to make it 18 or so. Would put me on 65+ of I hit that which is around where I need to be until I can start coping better with the miles. Feel today in the cold weather like I am not 100% so will just keep an eye on myself.

Company re-branding has gone down well and new products are looking good. Lot of work at the minute so running is a nice break from it ! Good news is that I am off tomorrow so I can get the run done in the morning with no hassle and then chill and have a nice lunch which is always good !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo