Planning

Running today was 2 x reocvery runs. 7 this morning around the trails at a leisurly 7:44/mm. Pleased with this as it really feels like the tide is turning. Felt good today, tired but strong - exactly how marathon training should be. The VO2 max is climbing and I know after today that I am only 3/4 weeks away from being able to handle decent training paces and start turning in respectable race performances.

3.5 easy tonight, very very easy just to loosen the legs. iPod and a jog, not everyones cup of tea but I really enjoy these runs to clear my mind before settling down for the night with the missus. And 4 well earned beers tonight ;)

Originally I had planned to lift the miles from ~60 to ~75 after Peterborough but I seem to have found a nice routine for the week now and with no marathon in the immediate future just keeping the miles where they are and working on pace for the foreseeable seems the best plan.

My training week is shaping up nicely as follows

Monday - am) 6 pm) 5
Tuesday - 7 tempo (15+15)
Wednesday - 10 very easy
Thursday - rest
Friday - Long 16 + 4
Saturday - 5 easy
Sunday - 10 steady

For about 63 miles on a standard week. Currently at around 7:45/mm so give it a few weeks and I should be back around 7/mm before getting any quicker.

Got a few big targets for my next few races and hoping to finally get back to the shape I was in a while ago. 6 solid weeks of running now, just need my legs to ease up on tomorrows rest day and things will be nice and rosey from now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block