Ready to Rhumble

First race of the new season tomorrow - Frostbite Friendly league in Priory Park, St Neots. Interesting to see where I am, have strung together 4 good weeks of training. All base work, nothing much pace wise but I am used to starting these seasons coming into fitness.

Love these races, give you a great chance to guage yourself against the local runners and to be fair lots of people tend to retain fitness and finish in similar positions so it's a good chance to see if you are improving.

Feel in pretty decent nick for this stage of things. I guess somewhere around 30 mins will be respectable if I judge my pace right. But not really seeing this as a flat out race, kind of a stepping stone to next weekend when I hope for something a bit better.

Ran 233 miles in September, think I am a big month away from getting into what I would call decent shape and I really need a seriously big week at some stage. Last 18 months or so I have strung 4 good weeks together and then struggled so for me I just want to keep consistent with the training and miles. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good indicator of what to expect. Last Frostbite was a disaster so got a lot to put right!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block