Long and Hard

Last week I blogged about the ups and downs of getting fit. 2 steps forward and one step back I think is the phrase I used!

After a good long run last Friday and great steady runs Sat & Sun, Monday & Tuesday this week were tiring. Just the miles catching up with me.

Wednesday was a planned rest day and I felt great. Thursday I had planned to do my long run but life got in the way and it became a booze and junk fuelled rest day. First back to back rest days for some time!

Thursday night I barely slept with stomach cramps. Friday was a busy day with family stuff on and I eventually got out for a steady 8 that went really well. Saturday again an easy 7 over the trails with 2 miles at hard effort. Really went well here with 2 miles at 6:08 and 6:20. The 6:08 was on road and really comfortable. The 6:20 was harder as it was on the trails but felt good to put my foot down a bit!

What was nice was this trail run is quite slow going and usually an 8/mm effort and today was much quicker than that even without the hard efforts.

Today was long run day. Woke up with horrible stomach cramps but got down to the meet area - Huntingdon Riverside to meet Brooksy, Ed & Steie B.

The pace was fine to start, even the 6:40 odd pace Ed pushed early doors. By around 5 miles the stomach pains were really bad and from about 7 miles every step was uncomfortable. The stress of it just made the run awful and as the pace was slowing it just felt like a really, really bad run.

Got 15 in the bag in around 1:54 for 7:40 ish pace. Not actually terrible pace but just gutted to feel so bad on an easy long run.

Tonight seems like its some kind of constipation - nice ! Think it should clear soon enough but I just have stomach cramps for most of the day. Its particularly uncomfortable but at least I think this may force me to finally address my terrible diet.

53 miles for the week off 5 days again. Pretty good mileage and pace isn't terrible but got to start feeling healthy soon as strength is coming back and Im not a million miles off being properly strong again!

Fenland 10 on Sunday. We have friends over Wednesday to Saturday so I will naturally ease up for the week. Looking for a decent performance - not looking to race just yet just another really strong hard training run just holding back slightly. Saying that will not be happy with anything slow !

Plan for the week as it stands is...

Mon - 6 steady
Tue - 4 tempo (7)
Wed - 12 easy/steady
Thur - 5 HR test
Fri - 8 steady
Sat - Rest
Sun - 10 race (12)

For 50 ish miles. Tempo Tuesday is key with lots of steady running in there this week but no doubles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block