Season Opener

Frostbite Friendly League St Neots. Scores on the doors - 33rd position in 30:50 (6:10/mm).

Preped really well for this race. Got to the start line nicely warm and feeling good. Race starts and it feels quick as I'm not in race mode yet. Plan is to get to 2 miles around 6/mm and push on.

First mile marker in 5:40 (5:48 on the garmin) and mile 2 in 6:08 for a shade under 6's - perfect. Time to push on and feeling good but things start feeling hard work pretty darn quick. Work hard through the mile and into the forest mile slowly passes in around 6:20.

4th mile I am really struggling and getting passed like I'm standing still. 6:52 on the Garmin for the mile - hard to believe as the last miel is 0.12 short but either way it's not quick.

5th mile at 6:18 pace, rally to stop dropping any further down the field. Finish up almost exactly same position and time as 2 years ago when I was over the moon. Interestingly after that race the next one for me was Hinchingbrook frostbite (16th) and then Ramsey (4th) - so never stop believing!

At the end of the day it was shit, whatever happened. Not worth over analysing things. Whatever is wrong it will get sorted by training long and hard. What I really wanted was a marker. I have put in 4 solid weeks training twice this year to get seasons bests from similar positions so it's just a matter of getting my head down and cracking on.

Got to say the field today was awesome. DC only managed 10th with 28 low and Baldy, Ian, Uffman & Ed all ran really well for positions in the 20's when they were worth much more all last season. I ran 29.50 last year for 11th !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo