All good things

...come to those who wait.

Legs are still pretty wrecked but much better than they have been.

6 mile last night after all afternoon BBQ at the school manning the grill.  4 miles at around 7.15-7.20 pace then really easy finish (the trail was way overgrown).  Legs felt heavy but pace wasn't a problem.

Decided on a rest today as a precaution.  Legs feel better (but not 100%) but the good sign was that I really had that feeling of wanting to run hard again.  Good news, it shows I'm not overly sluggish.

Diet has been dog shit this week, I need to get back on the game otherwise that could spiral!

Will run tomorrow at some stage and test out a bit of tempo to see what happens to both legs and HR.  Nothing drastic just a could of low 6s to see what's happening under the engine.

Not a bad thing having a week dialled back. Obviously I'm keen after last race but there's a decent break until the next Ferry Meadows.  Need to find a 5k on track soon too.  Should be racing 800m Wednesday night and 1500m next Sunday for the club so at least I'll have some ranking times under my belt.

So, no need to panic ... yet.  I've waited years to get into this kind of run shape and a week or two set back will not kill me.  Saying that though I am ready to get back out, one more good slep and I hope the strains ease back enough !

Happy fathers day tomorrow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block