Things that make you go bleugh

Nice easy 8 with the monkey last night. 8ish at 7:30 ish avge spot on. Felt really easy and started to think I can start covering distance again without too many problems!

Today session was 40 min threshold. Hit Godmanchester and head along Cow lane to Hemmingfords and back.  159 bpm absolutely no worries.

Result - started off and watch is showing 6:38/mm.  Hmm, this isn't right, it'll correct soon.  Nope, get down to 6:22/mm after first mile then slowly drift to 6:35/mm by half way. Feel bleugh is the best way to describe it.  I'm not overly struggling, I'm just generally not happy.

Come back, stop to ease off HR and call the run a steady. HR keeps rising to around threshold for 6:43/mm and the 10k ends up at that.

A good 'bad' run banked!  Not anywhere like I'd have liked but the legs and head were not there today.  Possibly fatigue from Wednesday nights exploits but whatever it's still a long way up from where I started and I still have skin in the game!

Plan was 10 easy tomorrow but I may just bank a rest day with an eye on he EAL track races on Sunday (800m & 1500m). Seems strange running track again.  My brain keeps telling me to stick to the plan - easy / tempo mix which is working but my heart want's to start doing sessions and get that much needed speed work in!

Have spent so much time thinking about Jacobs races this season I haven't really considered what I'm doing myself!

Some quick planning thinks I'll probably go 800/1500m double on Sunday. Ferry Meadows 5k, Club champs 800m, Kettering 1500m, and then try and get a track 5000m in the bag.  If I can run in spikes soon I will def try and get a 2k chase in before the end of the season.  No idea what I'l be able to run but it'll be fun trying!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block