Game face

Decent double day today. 4.3 this morning at a very easy 8/mm flat. On the trail route (this has become well overgrown) felt really, really easy at that. possibly best run for effort yet.

Evening run a bit more effort but still below steady (RPE can't fine HR strap) - 7.20 pace for 5.3 miles, checking out nice and relaxed.

Need to keep the progress now, it's easy at this stage to stagnate. Training plan is working, progress is there. The twice weekly tempos need to stay in the diary and I think the 160 bpm one is really important. If I can start getting below 5.40/mm pace at these we are in business.  Still 6/7 lbs to loose to get to that level though.

Saying that I've done so many tempos recently that sub 6 pace is no longer a mental barrier.

Plan is Peterborough 5k Wednesday. Weather forecast is rain which may actually help.  Really need to get a proper fitness marker and set something to build on. I really should be ambitious in this but in all honesty a 17.45 would fit the bill right now. Fastest 5k this year is an 18.12 in the middle of my 5 mile tempo so 100% that's doable but not sure I can cope with too much pace right now. Main objective is to not start too fast and remember this is just the first 5k of the year so I can always go harder next time!!

After that I will probably go 800m or 1500m at the Cambs open depending on what the kids are planning. Track races could be a bit spartan this year so I need to take them while I can !!

Taken a LONG time to get this fit.  Honestly think I'm fittest I have been since 2014.  Still no target race yet, I guess it's hard to call when the aim is just to simply 'get fit' !  I would love to go sub 17 this year, at the rate of progress I just need to keep consistency which means no injuries please!!

Steady 8 tomorrow @ 7.30/mm ish pace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo