Casualty

Wow, I had no idea how much a battering I could give myself playing football.  Never again while I'm running !!

Managed a mile on and off on Tuesday. Felt achey and pulled a bit on the hip flexor.

30 mins easy on the treadmill was better yesterday. Still not 100% but much better.

45 mins easy today outdoors @ 7:50/mm.  Felt really easy and HR was really low which shows not too much fitness is lost but whole right hip joint aches.  Not right at all BUT can do something at least.  It does feel that it's going to be a few day more before I can do anything properly productive but I have had a solid 10 week block so can afford to back off without panicking.

Will concentrate tonight on easing the glutes off, they are tight.

More concerned with Jakes focus at the moment. He seems to be in a real slump after Westminster.  Focus isn't there and he's doesn't look that happy running.  He's got a back complaint so idea time to take a mid season break but he needs to get that fire back in his bellow.  One thing I do know about running is that you really need to be prepared to go deep to get results at the highest level.

Sawyer boy is also not really having fun at the minute. At his age there is zero structure, it really has to be fun. I still make him earn computer time by doing exercise though ;)  He will be much happier once the weather picks up, this is a tough sport in this current weather, especially in June.  This time last year I was sunbathing, this year I'm on floodline !!

So last week the whole family was doing cartwheels and brimming with confidence, this week we're all moping about.  Lets hope we can all get back on form!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block