Have a little .....

Oh shit we've done that one a few times.

Easy peasy run today.  Legs are pretty shagged if I am honest.  Race Sunday took a fair chunk out and last nights tempo just added a layer of fatigue.  It's a bit of a conundrum now as to wether I a) continue to bank fatigue and keep the training load high in expectation of future adaptions or b) back off, rest up and stay sharp and bank respectable times now.

Looking above it's pretty clear to me that I should be keeping that fatigue high and looking at bigger targets. It looks pretty obvious but before I wrote it down it wasn't !

I guess the Kudos crowd would keep the current times quick because, lets face it, who likes posting up 9/mm runs because you're legs are too tired to shuffle anything quicker!

Peterborough 5k next week, it would be nice to improve on last months 16.59 but it'll be a short sharp taper into it.

10k easy today, pace was a half decent 8:15/mm which considering how slow it felt is happy days in my book.  Wanted more but was expecting today to be a new car day - it's not - dealer issues lol

Tomorrow is a decent volume day - easy run in the morning and steady 8 with the Monkey in the evening.

Friday is the focus day of the week.  5 mile flat tempo.  No excuses on that one, needs to be 160 bpm 15 mins -> 165 - 170 bpm 15 mins.  Aim is to tickle just under 6/mm, not overly focussed on going quick or deep I'd be a lot happier with solid HR right now.

Analysis of last nights HR shows it was a solid run. That bloody hill needs to be defeated by the end of summer but for now it's a good workout.  Decent volume and decent pace over next couple of days will layer up nicely into the weekend.

Last couple of weeks have been sketchy, but feeling decent at low 6's yesterday is where it's at. Lots of confidence previously from those runs and I'm still backing 2-3 of them per week to continue making improvements.

Lots of stretching on the legs tonight. They ache, I REALLY need to build up strength in hip flexors, calfs, quads & glutes. That's the new focus to add to training right now.  I'm aprehensive to add intervals in until winter even though I am running track.  5k time is still the target, and there's lots of work to be done there!

Will be nice to look back on this when 5:45/mm feels like 6:05/mm at the minute - thresholdy (word of the week) - and a go to pace that doesn't feel like a huge effort to achieve.  Right now going out to run 6:05/mm doesn't feel anything to worry about.  Ask me to run 5 miles at 5:50 pace and it's a bit of a mental challenge - i.e. I wouldn't fancy it !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo