Plantar or Cuboid Syndrome

Yesterdays 10 was decent but foot was really not right.  Dr Google advised that it may in fact be cuboid syndrome and not plantar fascitis so I did some You Tube rehab on that.

Outcome was as follows -

Wear sliders around the house
Buff up left slider with insole (even shorter left leg)
K Tape achillies (that was a bit sore)
Cuboid release - ouch
Arch support
Calf stretching and rolling
Ankle release - roller

Does it really seem worth the effort for an 18.17 5km runner I don't know !!!

Outcome was as follows -

Today's run, practically zero issue.  I'd say 95% niggle free on the foot which is pretty amazing.

Annoyingly I wore the infinity reacts which now means I can't really return them. I'll have to swallow the fact they are £139 mileage munchers.  Whatever, regardless of the cash outlay, to be able to run pain free I could not pay enough money at the minute. Well, I could pay for an Op but you get the point.

Strangely I think wearing sliders around the house is Probably the biggest winner in this.  I'll repeat everything tonight and then the plan is to race tomorrow night still.  Who knows, I may be able to slip the spikes on (I know, deep down I am still a massive fucking idiot and you know that I will probably do it)

Post run shower I removed everything and walking around the house bare foot started to feel an ache again.

Fingers crossed I can push on now.  Clearly I will get the c-bomb at some stage and waste 2 weeks but we can only but hope it's only mild or I've already cleared it.

I will probably wrap in cotton wool before tomorrows race just to give myself the best chance of a half decent performance now.

For the rest of the week I am still planning to Parkrun tempo on Saturday and do something long on Sunday.  Further ahead it's impossible to see things panning out to a track season starting before May / June so I think the sensible approach is to bank some steady miles and slowly build that engine.

All my Strava heros do steady miles in the 6.2x - 6.3x and I don't think I am a million miles off that.  With a longer term view it's not a bad strategy to back off the outright quality and focus on building that base.  I'm running pretty comfortably at 7/mm at the minute.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo